Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reflections

“He let me go at last…closed the door and left me alone to my reflections.”


My blog is officially in the hands of the publisher. In the next few months I will be involved with cover design, working with my representative, and checking proofs. The final publication will be available to purchase through my publisher, Xlibris, and also Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and 25,000 other retailers worldwide. It should be ready by June 2009.

I have taken 43 blog articles and rearranged them into four sections: characters, emotions, symbols, and places/events. The articles are revised, edited, rewritten, and expanded, but contain the basic message and content.

Because you know I love to poke my readers, I’ve added something special. At the end of each chapter, there is a section entitled, “The View from Box 5.” The section contains a series of questions to spark further thought on your part, as well as an area to write your own personal reflections. My views and interpretations are not the final word, by any means, and the story may reveal itself to you differently. It is my sincere hope that you will find more inspiration hidden inside The Phantom of the Opera, as you view it through your own opera glasses from Box 5.

I will keep you posted on the progress! As far as my blog is concerned, I’m going to rethink where to branch from here. I may return to Leroux and start digging with my shovel underneath the opera house for more treasure. No doubt when Webber finally releases his sequel, I will start picking at that version as well.

Thank you once again for your continued support and encouragement. You give my own life of solitude great purpose.

Your humble and obedient servant,
The Phantom's Student

No comments: