Thursday, December 3, 2009

Book Site

Just updated my website for promoting the book, Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera. Hope you'll check it out at the link below. I'm working on the second edition.

Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera

I received a wonderful review from a Professor at a Valdosta University. She posted her comment on my author page on Amazon, rather than in the review spot. It's sort of buried, so I thought I would share it here as well. It's nice to know others are recommending the book as a study guide to the Phantom of the Opera.

"Lessons From 'The Phantom of the Opera' " is a creative and thoughtful approach to pop culture hit. I enjoyed the book because I teach French history at the college level and I have long enjoyed gothic novels as well as opera. I connect with the story on several levels, professional and personal. "Lessons" takes a personal, reflective approach that asks readers to think about why they react as they do to the musical and novel. Why does such an old fashioned, romantic story have such appeal in post modern society? Simple: young or old or in between, we still respond to the emotions explored in the story. I plan to tell some of my students who are Phantom fans about this book---after exams, of course." (Dr. Melanie Byrd)

For other reviews, visit Goodreads and Amazon.

The Phantom's Student

1 comment:

Debbi Henson said...

This is so cool Vicki. I think it is an excellent choice for study material. I pick my copy up often and just open it, to see where Erik leads me. I am looking forward to your second edition...