Saturday, May 23, 2009

Phantom Fans Week - Las Vegas

For the first time ever, there will be an international Phantom Fans Week in Las Vegas, Nevada September 16-20, 2009. It sounds wonderful and I'll be there! I've already registered, booked the hotel and flight. If you want to attend, I encourage you to do the same. Here are some of the exciting highlights!
  1. You can see the play from one to four times, depending upon the package you purchase.
  2. You get to meet the Phantom cast.
  3. There is an afternoon session with Anthony Crevillo, the Phantom.
  4. Thursday evening is a Masquerade Ball, which the cast will attend! (Can't wait for that. Still trying to decide what character to choose.)
  5. A session to view the costumes and makeup.
  6. Vegas Chandelier Experience - how it works. It does fall 35 mph over your head and stops 10 feet above. It's a rush.
  7. Dinner with the Phantom Producer, which costs an extra $80 to attend.
  8. Tour of the entire theater, which I've been on before. It's a wonderful experience.
  9. Afternoon session with Hal Prince.
Tickets for the shows and Phantom events range from $225 to $450, which includes admission to all events. They can be purchased through Ticketmaster only. They are giving discounts for early registration. I must admit though, the Ticketmaster site is a big goofed up, and I've been in email contact with the show arrangers to get things straightened out. Seats for the shows are not assigned during the purchase of the event tickets. They will be assigned upon registration when you arrive at the hotel. Also, the tickets are being issued at the wrong level. I purchased one for two performances of the play, and it printed out three performances. They are working on that as well.

I'd love to meet any of you who plan to attend! I'll be on hand to autograph books and will take a few with me, however, this being the first year they are not allowing any other vendors except from the show itself. Next year, I may be able to purchase a venue place and do a book signing as well.

Hope to see you there!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go T---T
But I'm too young to go overseas on my own.
Oh well.
Blog all about your experience :D

-Underground Graveyard
poto.com

Ben said...

Do you know if you have to show up on the 16th, or can you arrive on the 17th and still be able to check in?

Vicki Hopkins said...

Ben, I don't know the answer to that, but if you email them at this address, they should answer. They've been very responsive to me.

newsletters@phantomvegasoffers.com